How do I get a receipt or confirmation of registration?
- As soon as your payment is processed, you will receive a receipt.
- A copy is emailed to the email address you first registered with. You can save or print this copy out and access it again later.
- Tax receipts will be available by the end of January the following year.
- Ensure that your personal profile information is current.
I do not have a computer. How do I register?
If you do not have access to a home or work computer, there are several public accessible computers at libraries or Internet cafes. Or you can come down to OGC and use the computer that has been set up for members at the Front desk. Your mobile devices can be used to access our website.
If a class is full, can I be put on a waiting list? How?
If the system lists the class as being full, you can put the registrant on the waiting list by adding the class to your shopping cart. This will automatically add them to the waiting list. If we receive any cancellations for that class, the first person on the waiting list will be contacted to see if they are still interested in the spot. We progress through the list in the order received as spots become available. If you are on the waiting list and are contacted, you must respond within 24 hours and confirm your interest in the available spot. If you do not respond within 24 hours, the next person on the list will be contacted, and you will lose your spot.
What if my child is registered in the wrong class or a different class time works better? How do I move him/her?
Please be aware that there is a $5 administrative fee to do transfers.
To request a transfer, there are two options:
1) By Phone: Contact one of our Customer Service Representatives 780-492-7300 and they will walk you through the transfer.
2) By form submission on website: To transfer your child to another class, you need to submit a transfer request. Requests to transfer classes will be processed in the order they were received. To request a transfer, mouse over registration on the website’s navigation bar, then click request a transfer from the drop-down menu. Fill in the details on the form as requested. Requests are generally processed within 1 business day. You will receive a phone call and/or email from a Customer Services Representative saying your request has been processed.
Can I register in person?
- Yes, you can register in person. Set aside 30 minutes or so. To make in-person registration faster, have your child’s class already selected and an account created.
Can I register over the phone?
Unfortunately no, we cannot take registrations over the phone as there are electronic questions and waivers that require your time to review and electronic sign off. Registrations can be done online, 24/7 at your convenience, or you can come in and register in person. However, if you are having difficulty with registration itself one of our Customer Service Representatives can help you once your account and any participants you that are going to be enrolled in one of our programs, has been set up in please call 780-492-7300.
Can I get a printed copy of my online confirmation receipt from the office?
When you register online, a copy of the receipt will be emailed to the email address you supplied when you first registered. You can also access the receipt from the ’My Account’ page along with the other account management options.
If you register in-person, the receipt will still be emailed and available through your account. If you have absolutely no way of accessing or printing it yourself, come into the office to print it. If the email does not show in the inbox, check your junk mail folder for the email, then add us to the safe sender list so that further emails will go to your inbox.
How do I register online for an activity?
Once your account has been established, registration for activities is easy:
- Step1) Click the Register for Programs button on your MY ACCOUNT home page.
- Step 2) Select the activity that you would like to enroll into. Clicking the underlined name will show you a detailed activity description.
- Step 3) Click the Add to My Cart button if you wish to register for the activity.
- Please Note: If more than one family member will be attending the activity, click on the button labeled, Add Another One (located under the Shopping Cart screen).
- Step 4) Confirm your activity name, date and time, enrollee and price.
- Step 5) Click Continue to proceed with payment. You will be prompted that you are entering a secure site. Enter your credit card information on the Payment Information Page and agree to any required waiver(s) and confirm the payer meets the age requirement of "13 Years or Older". Click Continue. This system accepts Visa and MasterCard only.
- Please Note: The name and address must match those that are on file with your credit company. If the address shown is not your credit card billing address, click on the My Account button and change your residential address to match your credit card billing address.
- Step 6) Once your payment has been approved, your receipt will display. Please print a copy of your receipt for your records.
What will happen if I try to register for an activity that is full?
- Your name will be placed on a waiting list. You will be contacted in the event that a space opens for that activity or additional activities are added. If we are unable to contact you, your space will be given to the next customer on the waiting list.
- If you do not want to be placed on the waiting list, click the Remove button that appears on the Shopping Cart screen
- Please Note: Placement on a waiting list does not guarantee a spot in the activity. It is recommended for guaranteed participation, please choose another activity with registration space.
Can I view activities without registering?
- You can always browse through the activities without registering. Click Programs button and look at all the activities that are offered.
How many accounts should each family have?
- We recommend that each family establish one account. Create the account in the name of a head of household and then add all family member names to the head of household account, after it has been established.
I will be away when registration opens. What can be done?
- Our registration is done online, so even if you are away you can register from any Internet accessible source.
What type of payments do you accept?
If you register online we accept Visa and MasterCard. If you register in-person, we also accept cash, cheques and debit. Ortona does not accept post-dated cheques for recreational programs.
I don’t want to pay online. How do I register?
- Cash, cheques and debit are accepted at the front registration desk. You will have to come in person during regular office hours to register.
Regarding payment plans, how do I make an early payment?
- Payments are only offered for:
- Recreational classes: Payment plans are only offered for recreational programs running for longer than 16 weeks.
- Contract Programs: Payment plans are only offered for contract programs that are 10+ months in length.
- Payment plans are charged to a credit card on either the first or last fiscal day of each month at 12:01 AM depending on the program type. It is clear when you are registering for the class or defined in the contract terms for competitive and developmental programs.
- If you want to clear the charge prior to the due date of your payment plan, you need to come in a few days before and speak to a Customer Services Representative to assist with the applying the payment.
- You can also pay early through the my account section on the registration site.
What if I miss a scheduled payment on a Payment Plan?
- If a scheduled payment is missed all training will be suspended until the payment has been made. All training/program participation will be suspended (without reimbursement on missed classes) until the account is cleared.
- A $20.00 penalty fee will be assesed to all accounts that have a scheduled payment missed.
- After three (3) missed payments per membership year (July 1 to June 30) you will be required to prepay for programs and services in full and by cash, debit, credit card (in person and signed) or certified cheque. All training/program participation will be suspended (without reimbursement on missed classes) until the account is cleared.
What are the subsidy options available to parents?
Subsidies that you can apply for as a parent include, but are not limited to:
- Alberta Child & Family Services - Child Care
- Canadian Tire JumpStart
- Check with your local community league as some offer specialized support programs.
Each one has a separate application and payment process. Please be sure to read their information carefully during the application process. Please let us know if you know of any other programs that could be listed here as a resource.
I have applied, now what?
- Once you have submitted your application to the organization, you wait. The subsidy program will contact Ortona to confirm your registration and attendance for the period you have applied for. Once that has been confirmed, they will process the request and send Ortona the subsidy funding for you. Ortona then distributes the funds back to you.
Do I have to pay for my child’s registration if I have applied for a subsidy?
- Yes, all registrations have to be paid for before a child can participate. Some subsidies will allow you to apply in advance whereas others require you to submit a receipt. Again, please read the application process carefully. In any case, proof of attendance in the program is required before a subsidy payment is released to the family. So what you are ultimately receiving, if approved for a subsidy, is an offset to your pre-paid registration fees.
How long does this take?
- How long it takes from the time you apply to the time you receive the funds can be weeks or it can be months, depending on the subsidy. We have seen some take up to 4 months so please be patient. Once we receive the money from the subsidies, we generally turn it around to you within the month, whenever our next cheque run is performed.
Are there any Ortona Administrative fees associated with subsidies?
- The Alberta Government Child Care Subsidy has a $20 administration fee associated with it for every session total payment processed. This is due to the large amount of administration processing that goes with this particular subsidy and the high level of customer support that is required to support every subsidy family in this program.
- This fee is in accordance with the approved rates provided by the Alberta Government subsidy program. The other subsidies do not incur any additional fees.
I received a cheque from JumpStart/my community league/other supporter made payable to Ortona, but I’ve already paid my fees - how does this work?
- If you have already paid your fees and then you receive a subsidy cheque made payable to Ortona Gymnastics, bring it into the office. We will refund your personal payment and apply the subsidy to your account. You will be responsible for any difference in the cost of the program to what you received by subsidy.
I’ve applied to the CSFA and have been approved but I have not received a refund. How long does it take?
- CSFA, as a government organization, goes through multiple steps before payments are issued. Here is the general flow of a CSFA application:
- You apply to CSFA. child.gov.ab.ca/childcaresubsidy
- Ortona receives notice from CSFA that you have been approved or declined. You also receive the same copy of notice.
- You receive a notice indicating the period for which you are approved to apply for funding and what the maximum amount is that you may receive. Ortona receives a copy of the same notice. **Note**this is not necessarily the amount you receive back in subsidy funding.
- Ortona receives a form to complete confirming your child’s registration fees AND confirmation of attendance. This is done within ten (10) days of receipt of the forms and sent back to CSFA. If you cancel your registration Ortona has to indicate that to CSFA.
- CSFA processes the request - time is variable.
- Ortona and you receive a notice of payment summary. This details what your actual payment is from that request. It will be between $0 and the maximum amount set from your earlier notice.
- Ortona receives payment from CSFA at some point after that.
- Ortona processes the payment direct to the parent on the subsequent cheque run (done monthly) and mails the cheque to the address on file.
- Ortona will issue the subsidy reimbursement only after it has been received from CSFA. Ortona has no control on when that occurs. If you have not received a notice saying PAYMENT SUMMARY with a dollar amount beside your child’s name, then CSFA has not sent any funds to Ortona on your account.
- All concerns and questions about your CSFA account need to be directed to CSFA.
- Ortona does not manage any part of your account except to confirm registrations and process the final reimbursements to you.
Children’s Fitness Tax Credit (Government of Canada)
- The purpose of the credit is to facilitate access by children and youth to physical activity and recreation programs, as a means of helping them maintain a healthy active lifestyle. The credit applies to supervised children’s programs that have a significant physical-activity component, where participation over time can be reasonably expected to result in improved fitness, particularly cardio-respiratory endurance, as well as muscular strength, muscular endurance, flexibility and balance.
- Programs must be a minimum of 8 weeks long (one class per week) or 5 days in successions (i.e.:camps) to be eligible for the Children’s Fitness Tax Credit.
- For more information Canada’s Children Fitness Tax Credit