Whether it’s Winter, Spring, or Summer, Ortona’s Seasonal Camps are always JAM PACKED with fun. Spend a day or even a whole week with us! Campers will participate in a variety of activities such as crafts, baking, outdoor games (weather permitted), and (of course) gymnastics! Combining artistic, acrobatic and rhythmic gymnastics, this camp provides participants with the ultimate grounded, flipped out experience. Kids will learn movements on the floor, vault, balance beam, uneven bars, pommel horse, rings, horizontal bar and parallel bars. It’s pure gymnastics through and through. We will also throw in a craft or two to keep everyone on their toes!! Check out our Camps here for specific days and times. Happy Camping!
Details you need to know and things to bring:
- Drop off time is between 8:30-9:00am. Pick up is between 4:00-4:30pm.
- Comfortable shorts and a t-shirt are best, campers will be in bare feet while in the gym.
- Long hair must be tied back, no jewellery please.
- There will be some outside play, weather permitting.
- With your registration you are provided with an Ortona Camp T-shirt (one per camp) that you will receive first day of camp. (an additional t-shirt can be purchased for $15.00 plus GST) Please wear your camp t-shirt everyday.
- Outside Play: Weather permitting, campers will participate in an outdoor activity
- With all the fun we have, camp can be very messy. Please wear appropriate clothing (camp t-shirt and play clothes). It is recommended to bring an extra change of clothes in a backpack.
- FOOD: Pack a lunch as well as two light & nutritious snacks for mid-morning & mid-afternoon breaks. Every camper needs to bring a healthy and nut-safe snack for refueling breaks.To help us model good environmental behaviour, please pack a litter-less snack. Campers are encouraged to bring refillable water bottles to hydrate throughout the day. Bottles must be the non-spillable, non-breakable type.
- NUT SAFE POLICY: To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all of our campers please ensure that all food are free of nuts, nut products and traces of nuts. Food that does not comply with our policy will be replaced with a healthy alternative.
- OGC is not responsible for any items your child loses at camp. Please label all of your child’s belongings with their first and last name and leave all valuables at home. Campers are asked not to bring items of any significant value. OGC does not provide refunds for damaged or lost belongings.
- Please do not bring electronic devices.
Summer Camp Specifics
Looking for something fun to do in the summer? Check out our Summer Camps! With Ortona, your summers can be jammed packed with fitness, friendships, fun, and adventures. Who wouldn’t want that?!
A summer with Ortona Gymnastics, means a summer you’ll never forget! Whether it’s a day camp, or one that lasts all week, you’ll have fun every minute you’re here. Campers spend endless time outside enjoying the weather playing water-games, doing scavenger hunts, doing crafts, playing outdoor sports, and other awesome activities. Ortona Camps are full of gymnastics but we also want our campers to have a wide variety of fun summer experiences, so once a week campers will get to venture out to explore and check out Edmonton’s beautiful parks! We also take our Campers to one of Edmonton’s pools to cool off from the summer heat. Back at the gym we do tons of fun Gymnastics activities as well as indoor games and even baking activities in our Party Room! Make this summer the one to remember by spending it with Ortona! 2019 Summer Camps are open for registration.
To register for this program, click here, then scroll down and select "SEASONAL CAMPS". From there you can select a specific class and register!