Active For Life (Teen)
Age: 11 - 17 years
Teen Artistic Gymnastics- LTAD 8
- In this program, the gymnasts explore the Artistic gymnastics equipment which includes the bars, beams, vaults, pommel horse and floor. Our coaches will work with each participant to help them build a strong foundation of the basic gymnastics movements and skills. The classes change to suit the interests of the group and focus will be given to the areas that the class finds the most fun.
- Artistic Teen class is individually paced, creating an environment that focuses on safety, positivity and education.
- Our teen classes allow athletes to progress at their own pace in their individual GFA level. Additionally, the classes are developed around the interests of the participants in Artistic gymnastics. These programs give your teen a chance to enjoy gymnastics and see what they can do.
To register for this program, click HERE!
Active For Life (Adult)
Age: 18 plus
There is a common belief that gymnastics is a sport for the young. Most people over 25 might feel that they are too old for gymnastics, but here at Ortona, we believe in gymnastics for all. Whether you’re 9 or 99, you can find something beneficial and rewarding in gymnastics.
The Benefits of Gymnastics for Adults:
- Gymnastics is the perfect physical activity for any age level. Adults of all ages can reap the numerous benefits that come with regular gymnastics-focused exercises.
- Gymnastics focuses on resistance training and functional strength.
- The long term benefits of resistance training include improved joint health, muscle development and cardiovascular fitness. Additionally, gymnastics is an excellent way to improve flexibility which improves joint mobility, circulation and helps prevent injuries.
- As we age, our flexibility decreases, but gymnastics is the perfect option for combating this decline.
- Most importantly, the greatest benefit that comes from an Ortona adult program is fun. Our classes will leave you smiling and feeling positive. You’ll enjoy coming to class each week and learning new ways to be healthy, and you’ll love seeing your health improve as the weeks continue. With so many benefits, it’s easy to see why gymnastics is the perfect option for all ages.
Adult Programs at Ortona:
Ortona’s adult programs are separated into 2 levels: beginner and intermediate/advanced. These 2 levels allow every individual, regardless of their ability, knowledge or experience, to participate in gymnastics and experience the positive feeling that comes from being active.
Beginner Program-LTAD 8:
Ortona’s beginner program covers an introduction to basic skills on all gymnastics apparatuses for both Men’s Artistic and Women’s Artistic disciplines. These apparatuses include floor exercises, bars, rings, vault, pommel horse and balance beam. Several introductory gymnastics skills will be taught:
- Basic tumbling (rolls, cartwheels, round-offs and handsprings)
- Swings (casts, long-hang, glide, ring swings, parallel bar supports)
- Vaults (tuck/straddle on and through, handsprings)
- Basic pommel horse circles
- Basic beam skills
The ultimate goal of the beginner program is to get our new gymnasts feeling comfortable in the gym. Additionally, we want every athlete to build a base of gymnastics movements and skills that they can use to further develop their techniques and learn harder skills. Each athlete is challenged individually based upon the progress he or she shows, which guarantees that everyone is moving at their own safe pace.
Intermediate/Advanced Program- LTAD 8:
The intermediate/advanced program is structured differently than the beginner class, as the focus shifts to the individual goals of each athlete enrolled in the program. The class works in the same area of the gym, but each athlete exercises individually, working towards the skills and goals they have set out to achieve.
Athletes in this level have a working grasp of the basic fundamental movements and gymnastics skills. Some athletes will often be veterans of the adult program and will have been a part of the program for several years.
To register for this program, click HERE!
You’re never too young to gain something positive from the sport of gymnastics.