Acrobatics and Tumbling Tryouts:
Ortona Gymnastics Club is excited to announce that we will be adding Acrobatics and Tumbling (A&T) as a new discipline, set to compete in the 2019-2020 season. Come tryout for your chance to be on our team! The current upcoming tryout dates are:
- Wednesday June 12th 7:30-7:45pm and 7:45-8:00pm
- Wednesday June 19th 7:30-7:45pm and 7:45-8:00pm
Acrobatics and Tumbling Training Camp:
Ortona is welcoming special guest Coach Koenig from Concordia University Wisconsin, for a once-in-a-lifetime Acro and Tumbling Camp. Coming to you June 22-23 two day camp will be the perfect opportunity to learn more about Acrobatics and Tumbling. For more information about A&T click here. To register for the camp click here.
Whether it’s Winter, Spring, or Summer, Ortona’s Seasonal Camps are always JAM PACKED with fun. Spend a day or even a whole week with us! Campers will participate in a variety of activities such as crafts, baking, outdoor games (weather permitted), and (of course) gymnastics! Upcoming Dates: Summer Camps: 1st week of Camp: July 2-5, 2019 (We host summer camps each week of the summer) Please see registration for specific days and times.
Come drop-in for a night of gymnastics. Our Open Gym nights are the perfect opportunity to come and do some freestyle gymnastics at your own pace, just for fun!
Last Days for Open Gym
- Preschool Open Gym: June 11th
- Adult Open Gym: June 18th
- Family Open Gym: June 21st
Saville Community Sports Centre is a busy place, so parking is often limited. Luckily Ortona has been permitted to use a designated parking lot on some of our busiest days. Lot 65 is a parking lot owned by the University of Alberta. Located just on the other side of the ETS tracks, it is the perfect place to park when the usual facility parking lots are full.
When we have BIG EVENTS here at Saville, the parking lot gets super full, super fast. Our team has come up with a solution to help alleviate the stress of dropping of your kids for class: Walk-Ins.
Walk-ins are a service that we provide to help YOU. Walk-ins require a staff member to be outside the main entrance at the pillars, where parents can pull up to drop off their child and know that their child will safely be walked by a staff member into Ortona. After receiving a parent signature, we will walk your child to our Orange doors where we will make sure they find their class. Look for one of our staff members wearing an Ortona orange smock! The times will be updated and posted here.
Our website has a personalized calendar feature that shows you all of the things you have registered for in one place!
To access your customer calendar:
2. Go to the top right corner and click "My Account"
3. Scroll down and find the "Registrations" section.
4. Click on "Customer Calendar".
Registration for our Spring Classes is now closed. Registration for our Fall Classes, opens on July 15th, 2019.
Class Start and End dates:
- Friday classes start April 5 end June 21, 2019
- Saturday classes start April 6 end June 22, 2019
- Sunday classes start April 7 end June 23, 2019
- Monday classes start April 8 end June 24, 2019
- Tuesday classes start April 9 end June 18, 2019
- Wednesday classes start April 10 end June 19, 2019
- Thursday classes start April 11 end June 20, 2019