Ortona Gymnastics places a great deal of importance upon this program because it trains youth to be leaders and it is through this training that many future staff members are cultivated. It is with this in mind that we are always trying to improve the quality of our program. We enjoy developing the future leaders of our athletes and providing our youth with an opportunity for personal and professional growth.
The Pre-Coach in Training Program for Ortona members is thoroughly planned in accordance with the standards and requirements prescribed by several levels of protocol, from Alberta Labour for Underaged Employees, National Coaching Standards as per NCCP and Ortona’s own internal Policies and Procedures.
The Pre-Coach in Training program is to provide youth with an opportunity to develop leadership and life skills and to broaden their understanding of what it means to take on a more responsible role in a gymnastics and sports setting. Often this program is viewed as a stepping stone between athlete and staff member. While for many this may be the case, our program has been designed to provide a well-rounded experience that will benefit participants in all types of future endeavours.
As this program runs during the school year, expectations of work are tempered to school expectations, training demands and life balance. If at any time your school grades begin to suffer, training suffers or it just becomes overwhelming, you can discuss options with your supervisor.
Requirements for the Pre-CiT program:
1) Applicant must be 14 years of age as of November 30th, 2022
2) Eleven structured learning sessions scheduled between September and June on Saturday mornings.
3) Assisting with a minimum of 2 OGC events per year to cover administrative and officiating requirements (mock meets, hosted events, developmental testing, etc.)
4) A minimum of 20 practical coaching hours during both the winter and spring sessions
There are only 10 spots available.
1) Complete Volunteer Application Form - click this link and complete the online form.
2) Submit a letter of reference by August 22nd 2022
3) Applicant will be contacted to set up an interview
4) If accepted into the program, Pre-CiT’s will then register online at www.ortonagymnastics.com
If you have any questions please contact Keltie – firstname.lastname@example.org