Drop off at 8:30am and Pick up between 4:00pm and 4:30pm
Combining artistic, trampoline, acrobatic and rhythmic gymnastics with high flying fun, this camp provides participants with the ultimate grounded, flipped out experience. Cool tricks with hula hoops, balls, ribbons, clubs and skipping ropes are explored in this camp. Impress your friends this summer with some very creative moves. You’ll love the mix! It’s pure gymnastics through and through.
You can expect a full day of music, gymnastics, games and fun!
You’ll love the mix!
Kids will learn movements on the floor, vault, balance beam, uneven bars, pommel horse, rings, horizontal bar and parallel bars.
It’s pure gymnastics through and through. We will also throw in a craft or two to keep everyone on their toes!!
Artistic Gymnastics: - Artistic gymnastics is the foundation for all sports. Work on basic and advanced gymnastics movements on the floor, vault, balance beam, uneven bars, pommel horse, rings, horizontal bar and parallel bars. Build the strength, power and flexibility needed to excel in any other sport. Challenge yourself to succeed.
There is also downtime planned during each day that will involve age-appropriate activities such as cooking, crafts, and other quieter entertainment. We want these budding gymnast/athletes to last the week!
Details you need to know and things to bring:
- Drop off time is between 8:30-9:00am. Pick up is between 4:00-4:30pm.
- Comfortable shorts and a t-shirt are best, campers will be in bare feet while in the gym.
- Long hair must be tied back, no jewellery please.
- There will be some outside play, weather permitting.
- With your registration you are provided with an Ortona Camp T-shirt (one per camp) that you will receive first day of camp. (an additional t-shirt can be purchased for $15.00 plus GST) Please wear your camp t-shirt everyday.
- Outside Play: Weather permitting, campers will participate in an outdoor winter activity.
- With all the fun we have, camp can be very messy. Please wear appropriate clothing (camp t-shirt and play clothes). It is recommended to bring an extra change of clothes in a backpack.
- FOOD: Pack a lunch as well as two light & nutritious snacks for mid-morning & mid-afternoon breaks. Every camper needs to bring a healthy and nut-safe snack for refueling breaks.To help us model good environmental behaviour, please pack a litter-less snack. Campers are encouraged to bring refillable water bottles to hydrate throughout the day. Bottles must be the non-spillable, non-breakable type.
- NUT SAFE POLICY: To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all of our campers please ensure that all food are free of nuts, nut products and traces of nuts. Food that does not comply with our policy will be replaced with a healthy alternative.
- OGC is not responsible for any items your child loses at camp. Please label all of your child’s belongings with their first and last name and leave all valuables at home. Campers are asked not to bring items of any significant value. OGC does not provide refunds for damaged or lost belongings.
- Please do not bring electronic devices.
If you have a camper looking for some flipped out fun , get them into this camp right away!