||At least 1y 6m but less than 6y
||Coach . Ortona
||c/o University of Alberta SCSC - South Campus
11610 - 65 Avenue
Add to Calendar
|Tuesday, Feb 20, 2018
||9:30am - 11:00am
Open Gym Rules
For the safety and enjoyment of everyone, please follow the Open Gym rules below, in addition to our Facility Rules.
- Please come dressed appropriately for active movement. No jewellery, tie long hair back, and only bare feet on the gym floor.
- Baby carriers (Snuggies, framed carriers, slings, etc.) are not allowed on the gym floor.
- Anyone breaking equipment will be charged for its replacement cost.
- Not all equipment on the gym floor is available during Open Gym. Please obey posted closures.
- Participants 5 years old and younger require an adult guardian on the floor within arm’s reach at all times. There is no charge for guardians supervising their young ones. Active adult participation is required is all participants can PLAY and LEARN in a safe environment.
- Participants 6 to 8 years old require an adult guardian to be on the bleachers in the gym.
- Participants 9 to 12 years old require an adult guardian to be in the facility.
- Participants 13 to 17 years old do not require a parent/guardian in the facility, but must come with a signed Notification of Risk/waiver form.
Anyone not following the rules will receive a warning and/or be removed from the gym. Two warnings in one session will result in removal from the gym. More than two removals will result in a permanent block from Open Gym participation.
For the enjoyment of everyone at our facility, please follow the rules:
- The Supervising Coach is in charge and has the authority to remove or refuse entrance to participants.
- Individual entrance requires proper ID or membership.
- All participants and supervising adults need a Notification of Risk/waiver form signed before they are allowed to participate on the gym floor.
- Please no horseplay in the gym at any time.
- All accidents and incidents must be reported to the Supervising Coach.
- No smoking or alcohol use.
- No swearing or rude language
- No gum, candy, food or drink allowed on the gym floor, other than water. Only water in a spill-proof water bottle that is not glass is allowed
- No cell phones on the gym floor
- Ortona is not responsible for any lost or stolen items
- Ortona has a zero tolerance policy for bullying
- PARENTS– drop off your child/ren at the orange doors and proceed upstairs to the viewing area. Please no parents passed the drop off area
Please help us keep our facility clean:
- Return all equipment to its original place when finished
- Remove all of your garbage from the gym
- Do not leave any personal belongings (grips, wrist bands, clothing, etc.) in the gym
- No outside shoes on the gym floor, please leave in frontcubbies or carry to the locker room
- If your child has an accident, please find a staff member to assist you with clean up
Please help us keep our facility safe:
- Wait on the bleachers for your class to start
- Please stay off equipment while waiting
- All class participants need permission to leave the gym floor
- Any skill unfamiliar to a participant should not be performed
- Participants should be bare foot only
- No jewellery (long earrings, bracelets, rings, watches, necklaces, etc.) allowed
- Long hair must be tied back
- No jeans, belts, skirts, dresses or ripped clothing
- Only one person at a time is allowed on the trampoline
- No loose objects (hoops, balls, etc.) allowed on the trampoline
- Landing ‘feet first’ only on all equipment